Getting started with Cloth pads
Our modern cloth pads are reliable, easy to use and super comfortable. Every woman is unique and different, so we offer cloth pads in a wide range of sizes and absorbencies from every-day liners to pads for postpartum, and the heaviest of flows.
Choose our Pantyliners if:
- you want to protect your underwear from daily discharge or to keep you feeling fresh.
- you have spotting due to a hormonal contraceptive or at the beginning and end of your period.
- you want back-up for a menstrual cup or tampon.
Choose our Day Pads if:
- you use standard absorbency disposable sanitary pads
- you have moderate to heavy flow.
- you suffer from stress incontinence
Choose our Postpartum/Night Pads if:
- you have heavy flow or super heavy flow and regularly bleed through standard absorbency sanitary pads.
- you need postpartum protection after giving birth.
- you spend most of your time sitting down or lying down due to a disability.
- you suffer from severe stress incontinence.
Choose our sport pad if:
- you do a lot of cycling or horse riding.
- you need a pad that will keep you feeling dry.
- you need a pad that won’t show through leggings or other athletic were.
Cotton – Cotton is made from natural fibres and very breathable, but isn’t a stain resistant as other fabrics.
Minky – Minky is super soft and very stain resistant, however some women find minky a bit hot.
Bamboo velour- Bamboo velour is a ultra soft and super absorbent natural fibre, it’s a super sustainable fabric and is extremely absorbent so suitable for heavy flows.
Procool Jersey – Procool Jersey is derived from the sportswear industry, it’s an extremely breathable and a stay dry fabric.
Like disposable sanitary pads cloth pads come in a wide range of sizes and styles to meet your specific needs and preferences. We recommend measuring the length of your favourite sanitary pad and using that measurement as a guide when choosing which of our cloth pads would best suit you. Our cloth pads start from 7 inches 17.78 cm and go up to 12 inches 30.48 cm, typically you would wear longer pads at night or for postpartum use around 10 inches to 12 inches. Daytime pads are usually around 8 inches to 10 inches and for everyday wear panty liners are from 7inches to 8 inches. Each size has different dimensions, We suggest starting your cloth pad stash with 2-3 pads in a few different sizes. Alternatively purchase one of our starter sets and try a variety of sizes to find the best fit for you.
Taking care of your cloth pads is easy! We have lots of helpful information and cleaning methods on our cloth pads care instructions page.
Not convinced? Take a look at our Resource Centre for lots of in-depth information on cloth pads and on all the other options available on this site.
Ready to make the switch? Check out our great selection of cloth pads. Our cloth pads are of the highest quality and ethically made in the UK.